[Expat-discuss] Downsize Expat For Embedded System

cjliarng cjliarng at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Jun 29 11:37:57 CEST 2007

Dear Expat experts,

  According to the discussion on
  http://mail.libexpat.org/pipermail/expat-discuss/2007-April/002282.html

  > I don't think Expat's size is < 100KB on any system, but there are
> compile time options
> to minimize the size of Expat (disabling certain features, etc. - read
> the documentation)
> and there are also compiler options to keep the size smaller ( for a
> little less performance).
> Maybe you can trim it down to about 100KB that way.

  I need to trim the share object down to 100~150KB.
  So I tried the following..
  My platform is on linux, use gcc for expat 2.0.1.
  I have tried to
  Add -DXML_MIN_SIZE for CFLAGS in Makefile.
  And #undef XML_DTD, #undef XML_NS in expat_config.h.
  It works and trim around 100K away.
  However, the output share object libexpat.so is still around 260K.
  Is there any thing I can do to make the .so down to around 100K?
  Thanks in advanced for any advise~~

  Best Regards,
  anne.

       §ùµ´ºô¸ôÀb«È¡A«O»Ù±b¸¹¦w¥þ - °¨¤W³]©w Yahoo!©_¼¯¦w¥þ¹Ï³¹¡I