[Expat-discuss] How to build expat in Borland C++?

Raúl raulproyecto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:49:11 CEST 2007

Hello, sorry for my bad english.

I tried to build expat for Borland, but I have more problems.

First, I read the Readme.txt file, and I do these steps:

1) Add "C:\Borland\BCC55\BIN" to your path

2) Set the environment variable BCB to "C:\Borland\BCC55".

3) edit makefile.mak: enable or comment out the appropriate commands under

   clean & distclean, depending on whether your OS can use deltree /y or

   del /s/f/q.

After that, you should simply cd to the bcb5 directory in your Expat
directory

tree (same structure as CVS) and run "make all" or just "make".

but the result of make is this:

C:\Expat-2.0.0\Source\bcb5>make -l -fmakefile.mak

makefile.mak:4: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I have windows XP Professional.

Any help? I need use expat in Borland, please, help me.