[Expat-discuss] building apache with expat 1.95.8

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:38:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:47 PM, David Durham, Jr.
<david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm facing the issue described here:
>
>    http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/ExpatCausingApacheCrash
>
>  I would like to recompile apache with 1.95.8, but I'm not sure how
>  exactly to do that.  I don't see a --with-expat option in apache
>  ./configure --help.

This would probably be more appropriate for an apache list, but...

I don't know if this has changed over the years, but in the current
httpd, expat is pulled in by apr-util. So,
`./srclib/apr-util/configure --help' will show you the
--with-expat=DIR option. Options from the top-level are just passed
down, so you can just pass --with-expat=/usr/local or whatever in
addition to your other flags. It should try to find a system expat
installation before falling back to the bundled expat even if you
don't pass any options.

--
Dan