[Expat-discuss] CDATA parsing

David van Geest David.VanGeest at bepco.com
Wed Sep 10 15:24:19 CEST 2008

> David van Geest wrote:
> > We're using an older version of the Expat XML parser.  I wish I
could
> > tell you what version, but it's nowhere to be found.  The copyright
in
> > the header reads:
> >
> > "Copyright (c) 1998, 1999, 2000 Thai Open Source Software Center
Ltd"

> Is your Expat code available somewhere for download or could you make
it
> so?
> You don't have to find out alone then.
>
> PS: Upgrading is no option for sure?

A zip of our code is available at dvg.homelinux.net/expat.zip.
Upgrading is not an option at this point, it's too high-risk.

> > I'm wondering how CDATA sections are handled by the parser.   Our
> > wrapper classes return the first 21 characters of the CDATA section
as
> > the value of the node containing the section, and I can't figure out
> > what is happening to the rest.
>
> Is there just one call of your handler function?

There is only one case where we are parsing a file with a CDATA section.
I've tried all sorts of things to get at the data, but all of them
return the same 21 characters.

Thanks for your help!

----
David van Geest