[Expat-discuss] Inconsistency in expat?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 23:53:27 CEST 2009

Hello,
I see that in the expat_static.dsp project located in the 'lib' directory of
the neon tarball distribution the following two preprocessor directives are
defined:

_LIB
COMPILED_FROM_DSP

However, according to expat_external.h, the macro XML_STATIC determines if
'dllimport' is used or not. How are the DSP projects building static
versions of expat without having this defined? Also, I can't seem to find
out where dllexport is being set.

Additionally, what is the difference between the identically named files in
<expat>/lib and <expat>/Source/lib? Why duplicate these?

---------
Robert Dailey