[Expat-discuss] Question about MIT X11 license

Sandra Mizrahi sandramizrahi at grupomaessa.com
Thu Sep 2 12:47:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

We are developing a commercial application and we would like to use Expat.

The MIT X11 license “permits reuse within proprietary software on the
condition that the license is distributed with that software”.

The problem with including the whole text of the license in each copy of our
product is that, in our context, the client would be afraid of using our
product if he/she reads the paragraph of the license saying that “THE
SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (
)”.

Our query is:

¿Is it possible to omit the aforementioned paragraph when distributing the
text of the MIT X11 license?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply,