[Expat-discuss] Consult Expat ON IBM Z model -zEnterprise 196

Nick MacDonald nickmacd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:51:25 CEST 2011

Just to follow up from another responder.  eXpat is a library for
developers, not a product.  You would need to get the source, and
build it for your intended purpose... but this should not be a
challenge for a competent developer.  You should probably not use an
old version like 1.95...  the current version is 2.01 and has some
bugfixes since the 1.95 release.  You can find the current version at
http://expat.sourceforge.net/ ... it is very portable source code...
it should be compilable on an Linux derivative, such as your RedHat
Enterprise Linux on the IBM.  In fact, its well and truly possible
that RedHat already includes eXpat...  its pretty commonly used by
many open source projects and so often comes as a base library on
systems based on open source.

Good Luck...