[Expat-discuss] Get'ter functions for xml handler(s)

Christoph Schnier christoph.schnier at empolis.com
Thu Sep 20 12:59:27 CEST 2012

Dear all,

to enhance the proposed way of handling the "stack" tracking discussed in the "Expats Basics"
I've made some local changes to the my expat parser to implement some get'ter functions to retrieve the current start/end element handler from a parser object.
This enables my programs to handle easily different start/end handlers and maintain a stack of handlers without maintaining all level information about the document hierarchy.

I would like to know if It is possible to add such get'ter function to the standard expat library.

Here are my examples of the new functions:

XML_StartElementHandler XML_GetStartElementHandler(XML_Parser parser)
{
  return (startElementHandler);
}

XML_EndElementHandler XML_GetEndElementHandler(XML_Parser parser)
{
  return (endElementHandler);
}

Kind regards