[Flask] Session timeout/ User authentication

Mandar Rahurkar rahurkar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:53:33 CEST 2015

Hi Follow users,
I am currently using google oauth for authentication using rauth,
Flask-Login extensions. I am also using "session['permanent'] = True" to
remember the sessions for certain period when timing them out. However,
what happens is the screen does not automatically refresh to logged out
view upon session expiry and needs to be manually refreshed.

One of the methods I have seen used is to pass a session id to the the
browser and browser checks every few minutes if the session is valid and if
not, refreshes the view to logged out view. How is this workflow usually
implemented in Flask? I can pass session id when the application view is
created, however how do you about authenticating session ids.

thanks for the heads up,

cheers,
Mandar