[Flask] Flask-pytest

Joe Esposito espo58 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 01:06:49 CEST 2015

Hey all,

I can be pretty bad about running tests locally at times, so I wrote a
little extension to help.

It automatically runs pytest in the background when you app.run in debug
mode, beeps when there's an error, shows the results in the terminal, and
gets re-run by the reloader.

This lowers the testing barrier since you don't have to manually run them
separately (or even wait for your cloud CI tool after you push to GitHub,
which has a much longer feedback loop).

https://github.com/joeyespo/flask-pytest

Would be happy to hear what you think. If this misses the mark, what's your
current setup for writing and running tests?