[Flask] probably ssl-related, flask-googlemaps issue, on a heroku deploy

Kyle Lawlor klawlor419 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:43:37 EST 2015

Hi, all.

I recently uploaded my web app onto Heroku. It is a site that I am making
for a friends restaurant: lacasadelsabor.herokuapp.com

The trouble is that I'm using *Flask-Googlemaps* to display the restaurant
location, but the map does not load by default (
lacasadelsabor.herokuapp.com/maps). I've noticed that if I "disable
protection for now" (in ubuntu firefox) the map does load. The map also
loads fine when run locally with gunicorn. (I did not test locally with
heroku yet).

I'm using *Flask-SSLify* and that seems to be configured properly. (I've
got it so that it triggers only when run in the Heroku)

    curl -I http://lacasadelsabor.herokuapp.com

>     HTTP/1.1 302 FOUND
>     Connection: keep-alive
>     Server: gunicorn/19.4.1
>     Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 03:29:47 GMT
>     Location: https://lacasadelsabor.herokuapp.com/
>     Via: 1.1 vegur

Additionally I am seeing an alert in firefox by the ssl-lock icon. Which
says "firefox blocks parts of the page that are not are not secure".

I'm sure that I am doing or missing something stupid.
Any pointers on where I should go from here?

Thanks for your time,
Kyle