[Flask] using flask to build interactive web apps
pchtsp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:04:46 CEST 2015
I am starting with Web programming using flask. In python I have some
experience but I am no expert.
I've been trying a few small things in flask to get a grasp on the
What I am looking for is a way to use flask to create things similar to the
kind of things I've already done with R language and the Shiny framework.
With this framework it is possible to develop small but highly interactive
libraries such as leaflet for maps and d3 for graphs (for me interactive is
when you do not need to load the page again to get data from the server).
I like the good integration flask has with databases and pages creation but
So some questions are...
- Where do I start if I need to build this kind of applications?
- What do I need to learn /use to be able build applications that are
similar to these ones <http://shiny.rstudio.com/gallery/> using flask?
complex templates to serve using flask?
- How do I handle the Ajax calls from the page to the server to get data
and do operations?
- Is there similar python packages that complement flask in the same way
there are R packages that complement Shiny such as leaflet and rCharts?
- Is there some examples of web apps similar to what I describe built on
flask? I am not sure what to look because I am not sure how to name them.
Sorry for the load of questions and thanks for any small help you can give
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Flask