[Flask] choosing a deployment for a web app

Kyle Lawlor klawlor419 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:54:50 EST 2015

So I have a web application that I think will have, at most, 20 users in a
day. I can't imagine that more than 5 people would be using the application
in a 15-20 minute range of each other.

I have considered deployment with a few services; Heroku or AWS. I have
looked into using VMware via Vagrant. I am at a point where I am not sure
how choose the right service for my use case.

The application deals with online ordering for a restaurant. At the moment
I have a small database for storing user credentials for the restaurants
order tracking UI. There are no particularly large tasks that happen, i.e.
file uploads or sending out mass emails.

Any guidance regarding a cheap, yet effective deployment for my application
would be greatly appreciated. Fortunately I am doing this for a friends
restaurant, so I have a testing ground. But the last thing I want is for
users to have a bad experience, and think that my application sucks
(obviously).

Looking forward to hearing some responses.

-Kyle
(learning web development with Flask, :+1: for the awesome tool.)