[Flask] Deploying Flask Solved With Waitress

tigernassau tigernassau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:55:33 EDT 2015

On 10/28/2015 07:16 AM, Dorian Hoxha wrote:
> What trouble did you have with uwsgi? Did you read this page:
> https://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/WSGIquickstart.html

we actually could run flask w/ uwsgi from the command line - could not
run it from systemd - so, some probably simple setup or permission issue
but we couldn't see / solve the problem from the logs - posted this in
this forum but didn't get any working response - wasted too many days
trying to solve so had to move on.   uwsgi docs don't show a systemd
example under Flask and sorry we couldn't contribute a working one.

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:29 PM, Corey Boyle <coreybrett at gmail.com
> <mailto:coreybrett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I gave waitress a try today and it seems to work great at first.
>     However, I'm now noticing that I am "in-consistently" having issues
>     with my CSRF token and occasionally getting logged out of the web app.
>     I suspect this has something to do with how the cookies are
>     getting handled.
>
>     Has anyone else had this type of trouble with waitress?
>
>     On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:59 PM, tigernassau
>     <tigernassau at gmail.com <mailto:tigernassau at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Had way too much trouble with uwsgi - found Waitress - a pure
>     wsgi server
>     > this site showed how easy it is to use with Flask
>     > http://gr33ndata.blogspot.com/2012/01/waitress-flask.html
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Simple - in 2 minutes had Flask deployed with a simple systemd
>     script to run
>     > python3 app.py
>     >
>     > --