[Flask] content - storing - rendering

un gern ungern at zetteeh.net
Fri Sep 4 22:13:12 CEST 2015

hey christophe,

thanks for your response.
basically i want to do kind of a portfolio-site.
the update frequency is maybe once per month.
wordpress and other cms-systems - which are probably more common to use in this case - are no option for me.

the working-example:
the side should host pictures/video/sound related to projects that have a short or semi-long (text-)description. the projects itself should be dynamically rendered - depending on the user-request / a filter.
also the text itself should be manipulatable: the side is multi/bi-lingual and each version is available in different versions ('normal' and 'easy language').

right now i have a list of dictionaries like:
projects: [{'name': 'skyscraper', 'date': 'may 1999', 'description': 'wow it's really high and looks great'}, {'name': '12 pictures', 'date': 'april 2008', 'description': '12 places of meaningful meaninglessness'},{..}]

in the template i'm calling them like

{% for project in projects %)
	blabla {{ project.name }} in {{ project.date }} [… and so on ]
{% endfor %}

i thought maybe i could have a textfile and write a little markup-python-function that pulls content from that .txt file.
if there will be a new project i simply add the description to the textfile.

but there is probably a much easier/better solution and i just don't see/get it.
basically this is what you do all the time with a blog, right? but i don't need a complete 'online' interface especially because i don't need to take any user input.

so far.
is it now possible to picture my sorrows?

thanks for reading! ( :
cheers