[Flask] Expiring login sessions

Matt Shields matt at mattshields.org
Mon Sep 14 14:46:46 CEST 2015

Below is what I had put in when I was building the login and sessions.
I've tried setting the app.permanent_session_lifetime to a specific amount
of time so that the user will get logged out and it doesn't seem to work.
Also, besides logging them out after a specific amount of time, I'd like to
have them logged out if they close their browser

 29 @app.before_request
 30 def before_request():
 31     g.permission = config.permission_problem()
 32     g.current_time = datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d
 33     session.permanent = True
 34     app.permanent_session_lifetime = datetime.timedelta(minutes=60)
 35
 36     if current_user.is_authenticated():
 37         user = User.query.filter_by(email=current_user.email).first()
 38         user.current_login_at = datetime.datetime.now()
 39         db.session.commit()

Matt