[Flask] Usage of session and g variables

Kyle Lawlor klawlor419 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:08:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for all of the responses. I really appreciate all of the
feedback. @Andrea, I came across Saleor last night when I was reading about
the Satchless API last night. I noticed that it was written in Django as
well. I have worked only very briefly with Django. I am only just beginning
my ventures in web development, this is really the first project I have
taken on outside of hobby. I feel that I am pretty close to a solution for
my purposes.

I'm not sure if anyone has taken a look at my site but I think it is pretty
efficient for a restaurants purposes. It is definitely still bare-bones,
but I think I have a pretty nice way of generating the online menu. I use
an ordered dict to store the menu and then make use of jinja2 looping to
render the appropriate elements of the menu. I recently made a Jekyll blog
site and I see my menu as the yml configuration file.

I will spend some time learning the Satchless API and see if it can improve
and/or simplify my site. I will try to think of things somewhat generically
to maybe help building a satchless store built on Flask.

In the meantime if anyone can help me diagnose the issues I am having with
the session variables it will be greatly appreciated. I think I probably
missing something in configuration or just doing something stupid.

Best, Kyle.

P.S. Apologies once again to those who receive duplicates of this message.