[Flask] SDLC configuration

Badri Sunderarajan badrihippo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 03:05:33 EDT 2016

You're welcome!

Yeah, I just tried it and realised: the __init__ and __new__ functions
don't work config files. I think you'll have to fall back to doing
something like

class DevConfig(Config):
     FLOWBOT_ENV = 'dev'

     # ... other config ...#

     # Only do the loading if FLOWBOT_ENV actually matches
     if os.environ.get('FLOWBOT_ENV', None) == FLOWBOT_ENV:
         self.PROJECTS = load_activee_projects(self.FLOWBOT_ENV)
         self.SCHEDULED_JOBS = load_active_scheduled_jobs(FLOWBOT_ENV)

...which checks the actual FLOWBOT_ENV environment variable to decide
whether to load it or not. If-statements do work there, even though the
init functions don't. While not a very pretty solution, it'll prevent
against unnecessary loading of files. Do let me know if you think of
anything better, though!

—Badri/Hippo