[Flask] Trading bot in Flask

David Baumgold david at davidbaumgold.com
Thu Aug 11 09:21:22 EDT 2016

Why are you using Flask for this? It sounds like you want a bot that runs on a server, checks the API every so often, and executes buy and sell orders automatically. None of that requires a web interface. Flask is a great tool, but it’s quite minimal: it’s designed to respond to HTTP requests, and that’s all.

I’ll also point out that the poloniex-api project you linked to is built on top of aiohttp, not Flask. The documentation for aiohttp is here: http://aiohttp.readthedocs.io/en/stable/ Aiohttp is also designed to respond to HTTP requests — you don’t need both aiohttp and Flask.

David Baumgold