[Flask] Webserver under attack

Bruno Colella brn93 at live.it
Fri Dec 9 17:33:50 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a VPS with Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS with a public ip and a small Flask application(at the moment Flask is also the WSGI). Flask is in Debug mode, I know this isn't a good security practice but I need it as it's still under development :(

I log everything and recently there was a raise of attacks: here is a sample of the logs<https://pastebin.com/z2MK6dwi>.

Always different ip, and I've never seen this kind of attacks so I don't know if they are successful or not, my questions are:

  *   What kind of attacks are these?
  *   How can i verify if they hacked my vps?
  *   What is the best way to mitigate? Autoban for invalid requests?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno