[Flask] Flask restless authentication

jb at pysecure.io jb at pysecure.io
Fri Dec 16 03:28:42 EST 2016

Hi,
I'm evaluating different REST API plugins for Flask, since I need only
very simple access to models created with SQLAlchemy I am thinking about
flask restless, however it seems it does not provide authentication
out-of-the-box which is also my requirement. Flask restful seems to be
an overhead for the task but it seems to mee from my short research that
authentication support is better. It seems there is a project at
https://github.com/graup/flask-restless-security solving my problem with
flask restless but I dislike idea of having another dependency in the
project. It also may not be under active development which doesn't help
either.

So I have 2 questions:

1. can anyone point me into some good practices or example code for
providing authentication in case of flask restless?
2. can anyone share their experience with flask restless or flask
restful (or any other option I am not considering due to lack of my
knowledge) and implementation of authentication functionality for the
API?

Have a great weekend everybody
JB