[Flask] When will Flask 1.0 be released?

David Lord davidism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:41:01 EST 2016

This has already been discussed extensively [on GitHub][1].  In summary:

The last update from mitsuhiko on that issue is from the middle of
January stating that he is working on creating an org to better manage
development and releases.  I can confirm this is in progress.

Target 0.10.1 if you need to target a released version, it is stable.
Most significant changes are in Werkzeug and Jinja, which saw releases
relatively recently.

Write tests, and run them against 0.10.1 and 1.0-dev.  I don't recall
there being breaking changes, although I'm not sure.  If you have
failures, please report them so we can either fix or document them.

Click integration can be added to 0.10 with Flask-Cli.  Flask-Script is
also fine for most use cases.

Finally, if Flask is a major part of your product and you can't consider
0.10 stable, *you* can help make Flask 1.0 a reality.  Contributions,
whether bug reports, pull requests, reviews, or discussion, are always
welcome and helpful.

[1]: https://github.com/mitsuhiko/flask/issues/1575