[Flask] uWSGI and Flask - Slow and varying response times

Tim van der Linden tim at shisaa.jp
Wed Jul 6 06:39:06 EDT 2016

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 05:24:09 -0500
Aco Strkalj <aco at miza.org> wrote:

Hi Aco

> What version of Python are you running on both setups?

Both are running Python 2.7.11 and both are built directly on the systems.

> Ever tried looking into PyPy JIT?

Hmm, I am a bit wary of PyPy (mostly because of the unknowns) so first want to see what I can get out of regular CPython. Especially seeing that on my machine it does perform very well.

> Odds are your server isn't configured properly to take advantage this beauty system.
>
> What OS / version do you run on your dev and prod machines ?

Both systems run the same Debian 8 OS (64 bits) and the production server is fully setup and allocated by Softlayer.

Both web stacks are setup in the same Virtualenv version and all stack pieces are the same version:

- Nginx: 1.6.2
- uWSGI:2.0.13.1
- Python: 2.7.11
- Flask: 0.10.1