[Flask] Flask + mongodb

Sukhlecha, Raagi rsukhlec at visa.com
Tue Jul 26 13:46:19 EDT 2016

Hey All

I working on developing a RESTful api using flask. I want to use mongodb with flask and I looked at couple of available options:

1)      Mongoengine<https://github.com/givp/Flask-MongoDB-Project> - ORM

2)      Flask-Pymongo<https://flask-pymongo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> - ORM

3)      Flask-Mongokit - Simplifies the use of Mongokit with Flask applictions. in the flask extension list here<http://flask.pocoo.org/extensions/>

4)      Flask-MongoAlchemy - Flask support for mongoAlchemy. in the flask extension list here<http://flask.pocoo.org/extensions/>

5)      Mongoclient - of pymongo

I am not able to decide how are they different and which one to use.

Also, there are some extensions which are not listed on the official flask page like 1,2 above and others like flask-mongorest /eve which provide support for both RESTful api and mongodb.  Is it okay to go ahead with extensions not listed on the flask page? Suggestions please.

Thanks