[Flask] Deploying Flask on Debian

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Tue May 3 16:05:54 EDT 2016

Hello list,
My work has a Google Cloud account, so my boss just made me a Debian
server. Being virtual, I can't physically access it, but I've got SSH and
SCP, so  same thing. No remote GUI, though, just command line.

I've been looking up how to deploy Flask on Linux, Debian specifically, for
a couple hours. I'm getting a *lot* of hits, but nothing that seems to be
in line with anything else. Some tell me to use WSGI (which I expected),
but others say mod_wsgi, and others UWSGI. Mod_wsgi might mean, some say,
compiling it for Python3, but I'm on Python 2.7.9? Most assume I'm using a
virtual environment, which I'm not, because Python and other web projects
are the only things on this server. The Flask docs talk about UWSGI, then
something called MGinx? I'm using Apache2, again on Debian 8.

Is there a single tutorial or article that most people recommend? I'm not
very experienced with Debian, but I'm fine with a command line interface in
general. I've got Flask, Flask-WTF, and the pyodbc module I'll need, and
now just want to get Flask running with Apache2 so Apache can serve my
Flask app. Thanks.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department