[Flask] Add, Change and Delete Models during runtime with flask-sqlalchemy and flask-migrate

Patrick Rieser zufaellig at outlook.com
Sat May 14 22:30:17 EDT 2016

Hello everybody,

so I try to add, change and delete Models during runtime with
flask-sqlalchemy and flask-migrate . To do that I plan to write/change/delete
the mymodel.py file, create the migration script and then do the migration. So
far so good. The problem is that I don't know what internally happens in Flask
and flask-sqlalchemy. I guess that there is at least some internal caching/dict
to store additional information (like class names, fields etc.) that should be
added/changed/cleared accordingly. Does anybody have any clue about this? Any
help is greatly appreciated!

With kind regards,
Patrick