[Flask] Flask with Json Format

Amit Jalota amitjalota124 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:07:30 EST 2017

Hi All,
            Is there is any good tutorial/handson which will return the
data in Json format with examples like handlers which will fetch the real
time data.

I went through mentioned below tutorial
https://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/the-flask-mega-tutorial-part-i-hello-world
and currently I hardcoded the the Json data and returned to browser
now I need to return some real time data from
microblog/virtualenv-15.1.0/app/views.py

instead of hardcoded.

from flask import Flask,jsonify,json
from app import app
@app.route("/getEmployeeList")
def getEmployeeList():
    try:
        # Initialize a employee list
        employeeList = []
        # create a instances for filling up employee list
        for i in range(0,2):
            empDict = {
                'firstName': 'Roy',
                'lastName': 'Augustine'}
        employeeList.append(empDict)
        # convert to json data
        jsonStr = json.dumps(employeeList)
    except Exception ,e:
        print str(e)
    return jsonify(Employees=jsonStr)

and can you please help me for interface as well to lower backed layer.

Thanks