[Flask] Trimming mailing list replies

Kevin Ernst ernstki at mail.uc.edu
Sat Feb 25 19:38:54 EST 2017

May I make a modest request: that we try to trim our replies to just
what's absolutely necessary for context?

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting

It takes just a couple of seconds to select and delete the parts you
don't need, even on a mobile device.

I know that mail clients like Outlook, Apple Mail, and mobiles actively
hide enclosed replies (and are thus part of the problem), but anyone who
gets the digest version of the Flask mailing list will see this

   http://imgur.com/a/19rCw

multiplied by however messages are in the digest. This impacts the
signal-to-noise ratio of the digest dramatically.

Thanks for your consideration.

--Kevin