[Flask] Jeff Levesque: integrating redis with flask session

Jeffrey Levesque jeff1evesque at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 00:55:41 EST 2017

Hi All,

I'm trying to integrate redis with flask's session. My motivation are redis being more secure than the standard cookie implementation, and slightly better overall performance.

I posted an issue on flasks official github repository, regarding the exact details:

- https://github.com/pallets/flask/issues/2150

However, the issue was closed, and I was recommended this email list.  If someone has implemented redis with flask's session, or have ideas, would you mind assisting?

Thank you,

Jeff Levesque
https://github.com/jeff1evesque