[Flask] flask queue question

Abdesslem Amri amriabdesslem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 03:19:04 EDT 2017

Using the simple app.run() from within Flask creates a single synchronous
server on a single thread capable of serving only one client at a time.

> Been using flask in my lab for the past few years. It just works. We
> recently got some grad students and it seems we are seeing some slowness in
> our flask applications running on Windows 2012 with enthought python.
>
> currently I am running it in a single threaded mode with nginx (
> http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/0.12/deploying/wsgi-standalone/#proxy-setups).
> My question is: When 2 users hit my flask page, does it get blocked until
> the first user finishes his request - it seems that the case. Is there a
> way to view the "queue" length? How is this queue maintained, or is it done
> by operating system networking stack?
>

> --

The preceding message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2512, is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is confidential, protected by attorney-client or other
privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message
in error and destroy the original message and all copies.