[Flask] REST based File Sharing server Implementation in Flask

G.S.Vijay Raajaa gsvijayraajaa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:43:21 EDT 2017

Hi UB,

Thanks for the idea. I shall probe more into the same. But I have quick
clarifications, even with mongo/gridfs and having the connectionI/O
delegated to the database driver makes the transaction blocking? Kindly
correct me if I am wrong. Is there a async way of handling the upload to
mongo and keep flask serve other incoming request?

On the same note, w.r.t mongodb-gridFS, how do you think the write
performance is when compared to storing them directly on the filesystem,
same w.r.t to read for serving?

I like to idea of scalability when you have file store within DB.

Regards,
Vijay Raajaa GS