[Flask] Deleting Flask tables conditionally

Young,Spencer P spenceryoung at ufl.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:45:59 EST 2017

Suppose you add a record to your `Package` table…

    student_id = 12345
    new_package = Package()
    new_package.student_id = student_id
    db.session.add(new_package)
    db.session.commit()

Now suppose you want to remove that record from your table… You must query and retrieve the record you want to delete, then delete it.

    package_to_delete = Package.query.filter_by(student_id=12345).first()
    db.session.delete(package_to_delete)
    db.session.commit()

Does that make any sense?

-Spencer