[Flask] Announcing Flask-Validates

Thomas Prebble thomas.prebble at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 10:55:43 EST 2018

Hello,

I would like to announce a new Flask extension I've been working on called
Flask-Validates. I would be really interested in hearing any feedback
people might have, regardless of whether it's positive.

Flask-Validates binds forms to views using view decorators. Forms can
either be form classes (WTForms or Flask-WTF derived classes) or just
fields supplied as keyword arguments. The extension then takes care of
building a form class (in the case of kwargs) and exposes it as
current_form (a la current_app). It also sets the HTTP 400 status code when
form validation fails (something that I feel is important, although often
neglected).

For those curious to see it in action please see the Github repo
<https://github.com/tjpnz/flask-validates> and documentation
<http://flask-validates.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>.

In terms of future development I'm considering adding support for
augmentation of view docstrings so tools like Sphinx can output form
parameters. I would definitely be receptive to other suggestions or pull
requests from people who find the extension useful.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Thomas Prebble