[Flask] Serving flask applications on AWS

Ann Pye mypyflask at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 18:05:58 EDT 2018

Hi

I have an app in Flask which is pretty lightweight (right now) and want to
know if using Gunicorn + nginx is standard for deployment on AWS EC2. As of
now I don't have (any/much) load-balancing or scalability requirements but
may have in future. I was looking for on/off-line resources that would help
make decisions around how to choose web server architectures for this kind
of setup (Python based applications- using nginx/AWS) and how to modify
when scaling ?
 ( I have checked out the following-
flask.pocoo.org, Miguel Grinberg's book/blog (uses Heroku)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/6ediwp/what_is_the_most_ideal_way_of_deploying_flask/
, https://realpython.com/kickstarting-flask-on-ubuntu-setup-and-deployment/
and a few blogs/q&as on stackoverflow etc. )

Thanks,
AB