[Flask] Advice on best way :

Peter Hickman peterhickman386 at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:06:00 EDT 2019

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 13:29, Ben Duncan <linux4ms at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was my Idea, The Back Office for the Accounting stuff is for all the
> regulators and auditors.
> I was looking at BluePrints and other ideas ..
>
> *Ben Duncan*
> DBA / Chief Software Architect
> Mississippi State Supreme Court
> Electronic Filing Division
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:04 AM Adil Hasan <paradox2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ben,
>>
>> one thing I would worry about is having a lot of pages served by one
>> app. Is it possible to separate them? If you need to update some pages
>> on one part then you would only need to rebuild that app. Perhaps it
>> could also help with resiliance and maybe performance?

This might be a little clunky but we use this on a couple of our sites. Our
webserver is Nginx but this should be possible with other but we have it
pass off requests for some path, /api for example, to another upstream, a
host and port. So we have multiple apps serving different parts of the
site. This means that we can take down the upstream that serves the web
front end without touching the /api feed. If necessary these can live on
different hosts allowing you to upgrade the horsepower behind a given path
simply by changing the host of the upstream and reloading the nginx
configuration