[Flask] Advice on best way :

Ben Duncan linux4ms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:19:20 EDT 2019


I see your point Jonathan, but as nice as it would be to play with those
things, I'm already heads in learning all this new fangled Web Programming
😙

Business logic I got , and If need to be I can logic scrape those using
python.

Most of the time, ERP / Accounting applications are pretty boring - no
pretty, pretty pictures, nekid pictures, panoramic vista views, or music in
them , just boring boring static type stuff.

Dynamic stuff comes pretty much during reporting or report / posting , but
even that is fairly structured.

*Ben Duncan*
DBA / Chief Software Architect
Mississippi State Supreme Court
Electronic Filing Division


On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 8:37 AM Jonathan Chen <tamasiaina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I just wanted to make sure that you understood its a big task. I
> hope you didn't take offense to what I said. Yeah, it's going to take a lot
> of pounding on the keyboard, and business requirements and logic is most of
> the battle.
>
> If you want to look into "trendy" cool things right now, which I actually
> like to do.
>
> You can build the frontend via React or Angular, and have flask serve all
> the API's. I would separate all the different API's into blueprints. At
> first, I would just bundle all the blueprints together for the sake of
> actually getting things done. Afterwards, You can break the API's up into
> its own services really easily.
>
> ~Jonathan C.
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:06 AM Peter Hickman via Flask <flask at python.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 13:29, Ben Duncan <linux4ms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That was my Idea, The Back Office for the Accounting stuff is for all
>>> the regulators and auditors.
>>> I was looking at BluePrints and other ideas ..
>>>
>>> *Ben Duncan*
>>> DBA / Chief Software Architect
>>> Mississippi State Supreme Court
>>> Electronic Filing Division
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:04 AM Adil Hasan <paradox2005 at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello Ben,
>>>>
>>>> one thing I would worry about is having a lot of pages served by one
>>>> app. Is it possible to separate them? If you need to update some pages
>>>> on one part then you would only need to rebuild that app. Perhaps it
>>>> could also help with resiliance and maybe performance?
>>>>
>>>
>> This might be a little clunky but we use this on a couple of our sites.
>> Our webserver is Nginx but this should be possible with other but we have
>> it pass off requests for some path, /api for example, to another upstream,
>> a host and port. So we have multiple apps serving different parts of the
>> site. This means that we can take down the upstream that serves the web
>> front end without touching the /api feed. If necessary these can live on
>> different hosts allowing you to upgrade the horsepower behind a given path
>> simply by changing the host of the upstream and reloading the nginx
>> configuration
>> _______________________________________________
>> Flask mailing list
>> Flask at python.org
>> https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/flask
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/flask/attachments/20190926/92009c51/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Flask mailing list