[getopt-sig] ANNOUNCE: Optik 1.3 released

Matthias Urlichs smurf@noris.de
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:39:33 +0200

Hi,

A.T. Hofkamp:
> Depends in what Unix-world you live. I once had this problem on a
> Solaris box, and even rm -- -myfile would not work.

Ah. Sorry. I was typing "standard" when I was thinking "GNU", since for me
they're the same thing, these days. ;-)

Anyway, POSIX specifies, or at least allows, the "--" delimiter (as far as
I know; if nobody here has a copy of the spec, the glibc mailing list will
certainly help).

> Maybe we need a --allow-- flag in our option processing package :-)

Sure, let's add an option to enable another option. Cool idea; however ...
... you tell me how to enable the first one.   ;-)

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/