[getopt-sig] Comparing option libraries

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:51:35 -0500

Hi all --

I finally sat down this afternoon and evening and re-implemented the
same command-line interface with three different option libraries:
Optik, Russ Cox' ArgParser class, and Albert Hofkamp's argtools.  Rather
than bore you all with the details here, I've put up a web page with the
results:

  http://optik.sourceforge.net/compare.html

(This will move to the getopt-sig's page as soon as I have access to the
machine where SIG pages are maintained.)

Right now, I'd particularly like Russ and Albert to comment on my use of
their libraries.  Once we have disposed with the unfairness inherent in
my knowing how to use Optik better than the other two, I'll post my
opinions of the process.  In the meantime, everyone please take a look
at the code!  I think I'll go add some comments now...

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux weenie                                gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/