[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:24:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Guido van Rossum:
[...]
> >     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/getopt-sig/2002-May/000191.html
>
> Looking at the code, I think there are too many classes to speak about
> a single dominant class;
[...]
I beg to differ.  In
     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/getopt-sig/2002-May/000204.html
Greg wrote:
    '''I strongly prefer OptionParser, because that's the main class; it's the
       one that's always used (ie. directly instantiated).  There are always
       instances of Option, OptionValues, and the various exception classes
       floating around -- but most Optik applications don't have to import
       those names directly.'''

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen, Germany)