[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

holger krekel hpk@devel.trillke.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:45:53 +0100

[Guido van Rossum Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:34:13PM -0500]
> [PF]
> > I beg to differ.  In
> >      http://mail.python.org/pipermail/getopt-sig/2002-May/000204.html
> > Greg wrote:
> >     '''I strongly prefer OptionParser, because that's the main class; it's the
> >        one that's always used (ie. directly instantiated).  There are always
> >        instances of Option, OptionValues, and the various exception classes
> >        floating around -- but most Optik applications don't have to import
> >        those names directly.'''
>
> Too bad.  Greg also said he preferred short lowercase module names.

But 'options' is not as descriptive as 'OptionParser'.

To me it compares to 'urlparse'.  We don't say 'import url'.

regards,

    holger