[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:07:12 -0500

> Projects that use Optik either ship with it included or require it to
> be installed separately.  I believe Greg Ward plans to maintain an
> independent distribution, using the old name, for the benefit of such
> projects and for users of Python 2.0 through 2.2.

Of course, it would be easier for prospective users if Greg's
distribution used the same name as we adopt for 2.3. :-)

Of all the names suggested so far, I like optlib and argvparse equally
well.  Can we do a tally of votes for those, to decide?