[Python Glasgow] Day & Venue.

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:18:57 CET 2012

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

On 20 November 2012 10:58, Aaron Bassett <abassett at twig-world.com> wrote:

> I would vote for the 4th Monday. We get in before TMU, unlike the 4th
> Thurs where people might be tired/hungover.
> And those wanting to attend both have 2 days between them.

This sounds sensible to me. I'm be happy to move to this day assuming
nobody else chimes in with a reason we shouldn't. We can always review
they day after a few months and check it works for as many people as
possible.

>  Some thoughts on venues. If we want to have talks we need somewhere with
> AV equipment. I would suggest that at least to begin we follow the same
> model as Edinburgh (and soon Glasgow) Refresh whereby we only have talks
> once per quarter. So we could have a different venue for general meetups
> and talks.

Yup, I had imagined the format would slowly evolve. I wanted to get as
much feedback from people as possible and see what they want. I've
been living in a few places across the UK recently so I've attended a
bunch of different meetups and have some ideas. The first meeting will
most likely be a more casual affair.

I would really like to run a Dojo (in the format of the London Python
Dojo) sometimes too. However, that has more requirements for the
space. I'm not sure if anybody else will be familiar with this but its
great fun.

General Venues:

This list looks great. The only one I know because I'm still new around
there parts is Curlers (which I do like). However, it does mean that I'm
not in the best place to decide. I'll have a look around at them and
maybe even pop into a couple to get a feed for them.

The only thing I'd say is that if Vespbar is used by a number of meetups
it might be good to pick another for variation. I'm going there tomorrow
night for Refresh though, so I'll see what its like.

Dougal