[Python Glasgow] Notes from the first Python Glasgow meet up last week.

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:00:06 CET 2013

Hey all,

The meeting last week on Monday kicked the group off to a good start.
Thirteen of us in total went to Blackfriars where had had drinks, food and
lots of geeky chat. We had a good range of Python abilities from very
experienced to new or just starting out. So we all had plenty to share and
talk about.

Blackfriars worked fairly well but it was a little bit cramped. I think we
will stick with the same place for this month and see how it goes. I'm going
to try and get the full top area so we have a bit more space. After that we
will re-evaluate and see for next month. There was also a pub quiz on in
blackfriars which isn't ideal but its mostly round the corner and I
couldn't
hear it really.

I'd then like to try and arrange some talks or a dojo for march. For those
that don't know what a dojo is, its best summarised in this post from
Nicholas Tollervey; http://ntoll.org/article/how-to-run-an-awesome-code-dojo

This plan is of course dependant on finding a good venue for a dojo and/or
finding speakers. I've spoken to some interested people, but if you want to
talk let me know and I'll make sure I arrange it for some point. I'd also be
keen to try and get sponsors for these events so if you think your company
will be up for paying for some pizza/drinks let me know.

Finally, another reminder a bunch of us are hanging around in IRC. There is
now usually around 15 of us from Edinburgh and Glasgow. So come join us on
#python-scotland on freenode.

Look forward to seeing you all again this month!

Cheers,
Dougal