[Python Glasgow] Using PyTables from PyDev Eclipse

Hedieh Ebrahimi hedieh.ebrahimi at amphos21.com
Thu Oct 24 13:08:14 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I eclipse and pyDev installed. and previously i was working with python32.

Now i installed pyTables and so I also installed python33. So i created a
new project and i set up the interpreter as python33.

When i type in

>>> import tables
>>> tables.test()

in Python33 IDLE termina, the test finishes correctly.

but When i try to use a simple statement like the one below in pyDev; i get
the following error.

from tables import *

fileh=tables.openfile('myfile.h5')

error:
NameError: name 'tables' is not defined

Could somebody please tell me what am i doing possibly wrong and how to fix
it ?

Thanks in advance