[Python Glasgow] Python Glasgow Talks

Dougal Matthews dougal at dougalmatthews.com
Mon Apr 20 17:54:07 CEST 2015

Hey all,

tl;dr - tickets: http://python-glasgow-2015-may-talks.eventbrite.co.uk/

We are hosting another night of talks at SkyScanners office on
the 12th of May.

We have two great talks lined up, they are:

Talk 1: Effortless real time apps in Django by Aaron Bassett

Aaron discusses how the real-time web is changing the way we
interact and collaborate online, and explains easy ways to add
real-time functionality to Django websites.

Talk 2: Need to download data from a website without an API? Scrape
it! by Iain Elder

Iain will introduce web scraping, the Scrapy framework, and demo
some of the basic features of the Scrapy framework.

Full details of the talks can be seen on Eventbrite:

http://python-glasgow-2015-may-talks.eventbrite.co.uk/

There are 40 places and last time we had a full house, so don't
delay in getting your ticket!

Dougal