[Python Glasgow] Python Jobs in Glasgow

Chris Hodder chris.hodder at beeksfx.com
Tue Jul 25 13:12:55 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for adding me to the list. I know it looks pretty spammy to send
a job recruitment message out as my first email, but I just wanted to
try and get in touch with folks who might be interested in some jobs at
the company I work for, as we're kind of struggling to get good developers.

We have 2 Python/Django Junior Web Developer roles, open to recent
graduates or people with web developer experience looking to change
languages. The plan is for one of these roles to be more back end or
full stack, and the other to be more front end, which will mean getting
stuck into Javascript and jQuery. I've attached a full job spec that
we're using for the back end role.

To give you a little bit of a background, the company is Beeks Financial
Cloud ( https://www.beeksfinancialcloud.com/ ). We do IaaS, providing
VPS and DS and related services to the Forex (Foreign Exchange) market.
We're fairly small (<40 people), but very dispersed (our lead developer
is in New York for example). At the moment we're building a development
team basically from scratch at our Glasgow (well... Paisley) HQ, to work
on a web portal which customers can use to control and provision the
servers we host (think AWS). The first version of the system is already
in production, but we need to expand the functionality a lot, and there
are further projects in the pipeline.

If you're interested, please drop myself an email (
chris.hodder at beeksfx.com ). If you know anyone who might be interested,
please feel free to forward them this email/job spec.

We're also looking for a DevOps (as is everyone, I gather), so if you're
looking to get into that or know anyone who is, get in touch or tell
them to give me a shout and I can send a separate job spec.

Sorry again for the job spam (I'm not a recruiter, I swear! :) ), I hope
to meet some of you at meet ups in the future.

Cheers

-Chris

--
Dr. Chris Hodder

Software Engineer - Beeks Financial Cloud