[Grants-discuss] Inquiry!!

Dante Torio dantorio at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 10:01:14 CEST 2004

Dear Python Grants Comittee:

Good Day!
I am Dante D. Torio, a coastal management scientist from the Philippines.  I wish to express my interest in the grant from your foundation.  I am planning to write a proposal about my project for the grant application.  This will involve the use of Python Language in combination with PCRaster, a dynamic environmental modelling software from the Universitiet Utrecht in The Netherlands.  I will be using the grant to learn both Python and PCRaster as well as Dynamic Modelling techniques and Map Algebra. I will use this techniques in modelling the effectivity of mangrove ecosystem in maintaining coastal stability and fishery production in our project area in the Philippines. My eventual output is to estimate and simulate carrying capacities of mangroves as affected by human interventions and will serve as an input for coastal resources management.

Python Programming, Dynamic Modelling and Map Algebra are online courses thought by Universitiet Utrecht.

Here is the website of the online courses for your reference:http://pcraster.geog.uu.nl/courses/courses.html
Courses fees are provided in the website.

I just want to know if the grant could be applicable for online courses.  I would be willing to send my proposal and other supporting documents for the grant as soon as possible.

Thank you very much. and Hoping for your reply on this matter.

Sincerely,

Dante D. Torio