[Grants-discuss] PostgresPy proposal

James William Pye flaw at rhid.com
Sat Sep 18 20:19:07 CEST 2004

Before I formally submit my proposal, I wanted to ask for some opinions
on a few points.
(This is my first grant proposal, so be gentle. :)

Please see the proposal here:

    http://rhid.com/~flaw/psf_grant.xml

I am purposefully brief in my proposal, as to only provide the required
information specified within the call. Is this the wrong idea to have? I
suppose I was a bit partial to my own appreciation for brevity in
certain circumstances. I thought it might be wise to include a
persuasive paragraph or two, but I settled on the idea that it's
acceptance is probably dependent on how much the reviewers liked the
idea, and not so much on paragraphs that are ultimately optional
inclusions. (Although, if it were the straw that broke the camel's back,
it would be worthwhile...)

As I state in the proposal, I have been working on this project for some
time, but it is a way from such a state where one would call further
work maintenance. Is this project still eligible for a grant from the
PSF?

Am I a bit too specific with my objective and plan? I'm really not sure
how specific the PSF wanted this.

Other comments and criticisms are quite welcome.

--
Regards,
        James William Pye