[group-organizers] [group-organizers

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:04:00 CEST 2007

On 10/9/07, Stephan Deibel <sdeibel at wingware.com> wrote:
> Noah Gift wrote:
> >> http://wiki.python.org/moin/LocalUserGroups
> >>
> >> And please considering posting to:
> >>
> >> http://python-groups.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Anyone have a clever way of getting notes aggregated automatically via
> > RSS from an existing blogger account?  It seems like this would be an
> > easier way than double posting for each meeting, as many groups
> > already have an existing website.
>
> Presumably the mechanism behind planet.python.org would work to aggregate
> different group feeds.  I don't know much about it, though.  Would be
> a nice service for the Python community if someone wants to work on it.

It seems like either Plone and/or blogger is enough of a starter kit
for any group to getting running immediately without locking
themselves into the meetup.com system.  Getting a way to use these
tools together and, aggregating their feeds, is something we will be
discussing at the Thursday Atlanta Python  User Group meeting.

Anyone else that is interested please contact me.  We have also been
going back and forth on getting a speaker registration system setup,
so that Python groups can get speakers from other cities.  This really
isn't a huge problem to tackle, but it needs some organization, which
is why I am starting the discussion.