[group-organizers] Intro

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Sep 12 16:45:00 CEST 2007

David R. Meyer wrote:
> My name is David Meyer, and I am new to this list.  I'm interested in
> starting a Python UG in Tampa, FL. and hope I can get some good
> resources (ideas) on how to do this right.  Any advice anyone wants to
> pass on would be most welcome!

Hi, welcome to the list!  There is apparently already a Python Meetup
going in Tampa FL:

http://python.meetup.com/178/

That's probably the place to start.  You can also try to find local
Linux or other related user groups and announce the Tampa Python
group there, to try to build it up to a larger group.  Booking
interesting and/or well known speakers also helps, if advertised
well.

You should also add the group here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/LocalUserGroups

And contributing to the user group blog is also helpful:

http://python-groups.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps... good luck with it!

- Stephan